Maternal Deprivation, or Motherlessness, is occurring with alarming frequency due to unethical treatment of women and children in family court. Maternal Deprivation is a form of abuse that abusive men who claim they are “parentally alienated” from their children inflict on both the mother and children who complain of abusive treatment by the father. Maternal Deprivation is when men seek to keep their children from being raised by their mothers who are the children’s natural caretakers. Some men murder the mothers of their own children, others seek to sever the maternal bonds by making false allegations of fictitious psychological syndromes in a deliberate effort to change custody and keep the child from having contact with their mother. In seeking to define this form of abuse certain common elements are found in the Maternal Deprivation scenario as follows:
History of domestic abuse that could be physical, psychological, sexual, and/or social abuse occurring on or off again, occasionally, or chronically which could be psychological or physical harm and could be mild, moderate, severe, & up to including homicide or homicidal threats, and suicidal threats.
- Legal proceedings relating to abuse
- Hiring of “Fathers Rights” attorney
- Use of “Hired Gun” psychologists to make accusations of psychological disorder against the mother and children in deliberate effort to excuse abuse and change custody or grant visitation that is contrary to safety concerns.
- Raising claims of “psychological disorders” against the mother such as “Parental Alienation Syndrome” (PAS), Munchausen by proxy syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, Lying Litigant Syndrome, Hostile Aggressive Parenting or any other mother-blaming psychological disorder that can be used by the unethical psychologist to re-victimize the victims.
- Infliction of “Legal Abuse” by continually and excessively filing motions so that the mother continually has to defend herself and her child(ren) causing financial and emotional devastation.
- Can occur in response to child support legal proceedings as retaliation.
The intent of “Maternal Deprivation” is to punish the mother and the child for revealing the abuse and to falsely claim that they are not abusive. This very commonly occurs as there are more and more “abuse-excuse” parental alienation accusing psychologists who use this scientifically invalid theory over and over to achieve this specific goal.
Maternal Deprivation can also occur in response to child support legal proceedings. When occurring in this manner, Maternal Deprivation is a response to the financial demands as retaliation. Suddenly the father who had little prior involvement wants to take the kids half the time to avoid child support obligations, etc. When the men are really abusive, they ask for sole custody and demand the mother of the child pay them.
Although some people call this “Maternal Alienation”, a distinction needs to be made as the pro-pedophilia “Parental Alienation Syndrome” and the use of the word “Alienation” are most often used AGAINST battered women and abused children. There needs to be a distinction between the phony psychological syndrome and the intentional infliction of abuse on a mother and child by intentionally severing their natural bond. This distinction can best be made by NOT using the label of “Alienation” which will always be associated with the pro-pedophilia monster Doctor Richard Gardner.
Some of the characteristics of the especially heinous abusers who inflict Maternal Deprivation include but are not limited to the following:
- Unempathetic (Lacks Empathy)
- Guilt inducing
- Intentionally tries to humiliate mother and/or child
- Harsh, rigid and punitive parenting style
- Outrage at child’s challenge of authority
- May use force to reassert parental position
- Dismissive of child’s feelings and negative attitudes
- Vents rage, blames mother for “brainwashing” child and takes no responsibility
- Challenges child’s beliefs and/or attitudes and tries to convince them otherwise
- Inept and unempathic pursuit of child, pushes calls and letters, unannounced or embarrassing visits
There is a distinct overlap of intimate terrorist type domestic violence abuser with the Maternal Deprivation abusers as follows:
- Coercion and threats
- Emotional abuse
- Minimizing, denying and blaming (Hallmarks of PAS)
- Using children
- Economic abuse
- Male privilege
The effects of Maternal Deprivation often cause the children to become psychotic, depressed, and sometimes suicidal or to have suicidal ideations. Other times when the Maternal Deprivation abuser completely takes over the will of the child by using brainwashing techniques similar to those used in prison camps where deprivation and isolation are used to force ideological changes in captives, these children often have a sort of trauma-bonding with the abuser and model their behavior. Another generation is created to carry on the abuse.