October WAS national Domestic Violence month. I still hear the silence of what was not said:
· We have a national epidemic: victimization of mothers and children by family courts, government agencies and private agencies contracted by government.
· Abusers, aided by government funding, use family courts for their own ends.
· Responsible Fatherhood Programs, intended to connect deserving fathers with their children, are used instead to deliver children into the hands of abusive and even pedophile fathers.
· Biased judges, court appointed personnel, social services and mental health professionals are all failing families.
· Mothers endure junk science diagnoses (such as PAS) and abusive therapies. Mothers are issued gag orders; some are incarcerated, others institutionalized, and still others become homeless. Many lose contact with their children.
· Attorneys are more loyal to the courts and agencies involved than to the victims they are supposed to defend.
· Little is done to fight the trend of rewarding abusers and disempowering victims.
· Yet that trend manufactures the next generation of victims and perpetrators.
· In the USA thousands of mothers and children live underground, while some seek asylum in other countries, finding in this their only protection.
written by a mother who has lost